Areas and Methods
The Methodology Competence Center aims to cover the needs of all research areas with regard to digital aspects. In many research projects, the research in a particular subject area requires certain services from the methodological sciences, which enable research questions to be dealt with using digital methods in the first place. The removal of obstacles through simplified access to methods can lead directly to new scientific findings and, in the medium term, also generate interesting questions for the methodological sciences, which can be addressed, for example, in Cross-Disciplinary Labs.
In the following, we list methods for which we already can provide expertise.
- Machine learning: clustering and classification, feature-based and neural methods "Deep Learning".
- Tooling for manual classification of data (annotation, coding)
- Scaling to large data sets
- Stream Processing
- Processing of audio: noise reduction, transcription into multiple languages, speaker separation
- Processing of image data and video: Automatic description, classification, similarity search, image segmentation, optical character recognition
- Text processing: Faceted search, semantic indexing, proper name recognition, text mining, document classification, information extraction, sentiment analysis
- Processing of multimodal data: Web crawling, storage, crossmodal search
Structured Data (still under development)
- Time series analysis
- Data mining and correlation analysis
- Statistics and significance analysis
We would be happy to expand our range of services with you on a demand-driven basis - please contact us!